How to Get Rid of Pet Smells in Apartments and Houses
Responsible Pet Ownership
Don’t we just adore having pets around? They give us a sense of happiness that we simply can’t get from anyone else. A simple trick performed by our puppy or a display of cuteness from our furry cat can set a good mood throughout the day.
While we adore having our pets around, it’s no secret that cleaning after them is a daily chore that we need to practice. Undeniably, pets make a lot of mess no matter how much training they get on a regular basis. They can be careless when eating, drinking, and peeing on certain spots. As fur parents, we need to have a system that works when it comes to practicing hygiene, so here are 5 handy cleaning tips for pet owners.
5 Ways to Get Rid of Pet Smells and Stains
The best cleaning tip for pet owners is to have a dedicated set of materials just for pets. We can’t just go ahead and use our own towel or kitchen rag to wipe the mess they make because it’s simply unhygienic. Here are tips on how to remove pet smells and stains:
- Use enzymatic cleaners. There are many brands online and in the market that make it easier to break down waste odors.
- Use a combination of 2 cups of white distilled vinegar + 2 cups of lukewarm water + 4 tablespoons of baking soda to remove pet stains. For heavily soiled fabrics, a longer soaking time may be needed. The acidic properties of vinegar and baking soda’s ability to remove funky smells can work wonders.
- To clean white fabrics and surfaces, 1 part of hydrogen peroxide + 1 part dish soap may be combined. Simply put in a spray bottle and use as needed. This solution has a bleaching effect so avoid using on colored surfaces and materials.
- It may sound basic, but bathe your pets regularly. Read up on how often you should give them a bath or ask your veterinarian on your next visit. Cleaning can only do so much if your pets remain smelling stinky.
- Clean and wash your pet’s bed, towels, and clothes.
Make it your business to find out more about cleaning tips for pet owners. This will not only make things a lot easier for you but will also make your adorable pets live happily and comfortably.
It can be a challenge to find pet-friendly homes, but fortunately for all you fur parents, Lancaster New City has spacious single-attached homes and townhouse where your pets can break their zoomie records. Some models also have outdoor spaces where they can play or head over to when nature calls. Our real estate agents are just a tap away, so do reach them through our website if you want to check houses that you can share with your beloved pets!
With our affordable house and lot rates in Cavite, there really isn’t a reason for you to keep renting on a townhouse that isn’t yours. Get in touch with one of our real estate agents today to see how you can move into your dream home as soon as possible!